Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 5 Favorite Sports Team?


Well I guess it depends on how loosely you define "fan".
When I was younger, I used to love sitting in the bleachers watching Ryne Sandberg.  I think it was more the atmosphere than the game I loved.  Now I can't just cheer for them in hopes that ONE DAY, they will win the World Series more for the benefit of my boys than for me.  I just realized my school teams have been names after inanimate objects, I wonder if that has deterred my enthusiasm. 

High School - Steinmetz Streaks


Undergrad - UIC Flames


Graduate - Dominican Stars


So now I just cheer whatever team, my boys are playing on or cheering for, even if it is just a game of bags in the backyard.  I am not the insane soccer mom, but I do get a bit excited and even cheer for the other team, because I feel sorry for them when they are losing. I can not tell you how many little league, soccer, basketball, volleyball, football games and tennis and wrestling matches I have cheered through! Both of my boys have had some outstanding coaches that have really helped build up their confidence, skill self esteem and sportsmanship.
Go Mustangs!  





I still wish they were this small!

No comments:

Post a Comment